Friday 24 July 2009

I have awoken

Hey look, I didn't fall off the face of the earth! I was actually really busy finishing my degree. Well, now I'm all graduated and have a BSc under my belt, and I'm going back for more. In the form of an MSc in Marine Biology. I guess I just really hate myself or something. Anyways, I have unfortunately not been able to draw a lot. But I'm planning to make time for myself to do a lot more art, as it's very healthy for me. Like eating spinach, but ten times more awesome. So, I can only offer you doodles here. But I will be starting this 100-pictures challenge I saw on someone else's blog, where you basically have 100 random words, and have to draw a picture to go with each one. I'll start that next week I'm thinking. Also, I really want to submit a design to Threadless, as you get $2000 (so, about £1000) if your design is selected to go to print. I mean, I probably won't, but I thought I'd try. I need money, dear God.

So here are my silly little doodles for you to laugh at. As per usual, click on it to get a bigger image.

Just some kind of doodle I did when I was bored. The file name is UmeBlossom, Ume being the Japanese name for peach blossom. Or something. I saw this really nice hair clip in Accessorize that I liked, but didn't buy it because it was expensive. But it had a nice flower, like this. I think that's why I drew it. The facial structure is all out on this but WHO CARES. I didn't, obviously.



I wanted to practise drawing some animals, so here's a wolf. A slightly Disney-fied wolf, as I seem to have given it eyebrows. Also appears unreasonably amused by a snowflake. Not much to say here, fairly pleased I did a good job on the anatomy. Except one of the hind legs.



More practising of animals, foxes this time. Seems an awfully sad fox, too. Maybe he's sad because when I upgraded Firefox to version 3.5, I could no longer use my Foxkeh theme, which had my cute little fox running in the corner. Life has no meaning now!

Until... I downloaded the add-on AnyColour. It lets you make Firefox whatever colour you want. Then you can add your own pictures! So I drew myself a happy little squid, and stuck him in my brand new theme. Check it out.


Pretty cute, right? And I can change it to whatever I want, when ever I want.

One last sketch for you now, then I must bid you farewell.

Physalia, or the Portuguese Man-of-War. I drew this as a diagram for an essay I wrote about plankton adaptations in second year. I am so cool. Did it in openCanvas, so I'm actually pretty proud about how clean it looks. Considering what I am usually like.

That's all for now, but I will be back more often! This 100-pictures thing will make sure of that. Hopefully, I can persuade my boyfriend to use his elite computer skills to help me make my blog look nicer and customise it a little more. Would be nice, certainly! I'm off now, so bye-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment